This is literally everything I’ve been dealing with for countless years.
Telling a depressed person to be happy is like telling someone who is choking to breathe. The presence of air is not the issue.
can we just take a moment to realize that not only did it paint an elephant it painted it to give the illusion of depth
I love elephants more than anything
#1: read this
#2: stop reblogging this
we need to keep reblogging so people see your comment and know
What do you know? Art major is the same experience for all species.
Glassware can get pretty expensive especially if you’re in college and always getting sht faced and breaking your glasses. Start just using your empty beer bottles and turning them into your new glasses. Look dope, easy to make and cheap! Follow these 5 easy steps.
Step 1 – Grab a beer bottle preferably with thick glass such as corona bottles. Tie a string just above the label on the empty bottle
Step 2 – Keep the string tied and soak it in lighter fluid.
Step 3 – Put the string back on the bottle and hold it horizontally. Light the sting rotating the bottle so the flame spreads. You should hear the bottle crack slightly in about 10 seconds.
Step 4 – After you hear the crack, pour cold water on the string and the top of the bottle will fall off.
Step 5 – Now grab sandpaper and sand the edges of the bottle till it is smooth.
I legit started a small fire today doing this
This will be how I get cups in my dorm room
Bipolar’s mind.. (Somehow) – View on Path.
1. “You have no reason to be depressed”
2. “You’re getting worked up over nothing”
3. “You aren’t trying hard enough to be happy”
4. “It’s only in your head”
5. “No one wants to be around negative people!”
6. “You’re not happy because you don’t want it enough”
7. “You just don’t want to change”
8. “I know people with worse problems than you”
9. “My uncle/aunt/brother/sister/friend/cousin has a mental illness and they don’t let that hold them down”
10. “It’s just an excuse”
11. “Stop victimizing yourself”
12. “All you ever talk about are your problems”
13. “Just pull yourself together” / “Just snap out of it” / “Suck it up” / “Just be positive”
14. “You’re just lazy”
15. “Depression isn’t a real illness”
16. “You look fine”
17. “You’re just trying to get attention”
18. “You’ll get over it” / “It’s just a phase”
19. “You need God”
20. “It’s all in your head”
21. “Stop feeling sorry for yourself”
22. “You never think of anyone but yourself”
23. “You put yourself in that hole, it’s up to you to get yourself out”
24. “Your negativity is stressing me out”
25. “You aren’t trying”
There are many variations of these being said all the time.
Depression is a real illness, just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
Put an end to the insensitivity! Stop the stigma and cruel discrimination of people suffering with mental illness!
Saying these things isn’t helping, it is damaging!